Chapel Ministry Mental Health - Volunteer
Job Title: Chapel Ministry Mental Health Volunteer Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 01/2019
Reports to: Associate Chaplain
Leadership Level: Team Leader
The YMCA of the Rockies Chapel Ministry Mental Health Volunteer supports a student’s opportunity to assume the role of professional counselor-in-training and to provide counseling services in the community under appropriate supervision.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Be fluent in written and oral English.
* Maintain a hygienic, neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation at all times.
* Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts as needed.
* Be timely and dependable for scheduled shifts.
* Attend weekly Chapel staff meetings
* Assist in worship services and other Chapel programs as needed.
* Direct Service Hours (240 hours)
a. 10 hours - Group Counseling
b. 100 hours - Individual Counseling
c. 130 hours - Individual counseling, group counseling, intakes, milieu therapy, or testing/assessment, and in any combination.
* Indirect Service Hours (360 hours)
a. 1 hour/week Weekly Individual Supervision
b. 2 hours/week Weekly Group Supervision
c. Remaining hours spent on various activities such as training, staff meetings, case reviews, research, record keeping, clerical work, and homework related to volunteer hours.
* Current or past Christian Education and/or Seminary education required with approved internship site (Denver Seminary). Volunteer placement will be pending a criminal background check. Based on business needs you may be required to volunteer in other Departments. During your placement, you are expected to meet certain standards of performance and conduct as explained in the seasonal handbook.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Working with a diverse staff
* Be able to walk across the property and up and down stairs
* Friendly and customer-service oriented
Note: Interns are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer