Job Title: Chaplain Assistant Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date:
Reports to: Head Chaplain 4/30/2021
Primary responsibility will be to bring leadership to the TREK Program. Including helping to organize and lead activities, be a live-in mentor to students, lead Trek Bible Studies and prayer times. You will also assist the Chaplain with ongoing Chaplain’s programs including administration, worship, activities and pastoral care.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Build mentoring relationships with Trek Participants
* Be a live-in leader to oversee community living
* Lead weekly Bible Study
* Be present for early morning prayer
* Occasional speaking at worship and Trek gatherings
* Assist with office administration
* Help to plan and lead Chaplain and Trek activities
* Participate in Trek activities
* Assist with weekly worship
* Required to work 40 hours a week
* Required to participate in all assigned Trek and Chaplain Activities
* Uphold the values and the requirement of the YMCA of the Rockies
* Have a strong and active faith
* To have a willingness to learn and receive constructive feedback
* To practice excellent Guest Service
* College degree preferred
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Ability to participate in strenuous activities
* Musical skills a plus
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.