Chief Information Officer - Year-Round
*Different Application Process - please scroll down for instructions
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies (Association) which operates a mission-based family, group conference, retreat center, and an overnight camp, serving more than 225,000 guests annually. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for developing an IT vision and strategy, and for leading the IT team in its effective execution. They will deliver IT strategy and capabilities including data analytics, systems development, infrastructure, security, and technical services. The CIO will identify opportunities and provide innovations for the enhanced use of technologies and is accountable for the oversight and direction of YMCA of the Rockies’ information technologies.
* Develop an IT vision and strategy to ensure the YMCA of the Rockies is effectively leveraging technological opportunities.
* Lead the Information Technology team and delegate assignments as needed while hiring and supervising the Director of Information Systems & Technology.
* Proactively advise the executive leadership team on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to the Association’s priorities and evolving needs.
* Prepare and monitor IT operational and capital budgets within approved limits.
* Build strong relationships with leaders across the Association, and develop an understanding of their operations, challenges and opportunities.
* Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) to ensure operational and guest support, as well as optimal performance.
* Serve as a resource to the President/CEO, staff and Board of Directors.
* Oversee the negotiation and selection of vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, and equipment.
* Provide oversight in the development of an annual security plan that ensures the protection of the Association’s IT assets as well as meeting or exceeding all compliance and governance mandates.
* Evaluate, select, implement and manage integrated technological systems and platforms across the Association and assist in optimizing their benefits.
* Formulate, recommend and enforce IT policies.
* Organize and maintain IT-related projects.
* Support departments with data mining and analytics.
* Ensure technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
* Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation.
* Solid understanding of data analysis and business operations.
* Possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to bring innovation into workplace challenges.
* Bachelor’s degree in information technology, management information systems or related field.
* Non-profit experience preferred.
* Team player who favors collaborative approaches when working with internal and external partners.
* Minimum seven years of experience in information technology role, or related field; five years in management or leadership role.
* Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Personal support of the fundraising campaigns of the Association.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $130-$150K/year, based on experience, with full benefits including:
* Health, dental, and life insurance
* Generous vacation/PTO (30 days plus flexible scheduling)
* Participation in the YMCA Retirement Plan (The Y contributes 12% of your salary. Yes, you read that correctly! On top of your regular salary, we will contribute an additional 12% into your retirement fund.)
* Family membership, which gives you access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, including our indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, an art center, and more!
* Discounted or free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not press the, "apply to this job" tab. We are not accepting applications through our Career Site for this position. We are only accepting applications that are sent to the specific e-mail address with the correct attachments.
Job Status: Full Time