APPLICATION PROCESS: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Courtney Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not click, "Apply Online" below. We are only accepting PDF or Word Document resumes and cover letters to the specified e-mail address.
YMCA of the Rockies - Chief Operating Officer Opening
YMCA of the Rockies, which operates two mission-based family and group conference and retreat centers and an overnight youth camp serving more than 225,000 guests and campers annually, is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO). Based in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado and at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, the YMCA of the Rockies is looking for the right person to lead and manage operations, marketing, sales and reservations.
The COO will drive operational excellence while ensuring mission delivery, financial performance, guest and staff satisfaction and operational efficiency. Primary areas of oversight include all operational sites, marketing, communications, family reservations and group sales. The COO participates as a contributing member of the executive leadership team of the Association and advises and supports the President/CEO in his/her areas of expertise.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Be responsible for overall quality and safety of the guest and camper experience.
* Attract and retain a highly competent, mission-oriented, and diverse workforce. Lead approximately four direct reports.
* Work with CFO and direct reports to accurately budget and forecast financial performance. Deliver results to meet or exceed the budget.
* Following hospitality and camping industry best practices, set operational expectations and hold management teams accountable for implementing strategy and initiatives.
* In conjunction with other members of the Executive Leadership Team, ensure the development of strategic plans, objectives and budget.
* Foster a climate of innovation to identify trends, resolve service issues and develop guest-focused programs and services.
* Oversee the planning, budgeting and implementation of capital projects.
* Assess performance of properties against established measurements and ensure improvement plans are in place as needed.
* Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive leadership team.
* Serve as a resource to the President/CEO, staff and Board of Directors, including staff liaison to Board committees as appropriate.
* Identify and implement opportunities to align our standards, policies, practices, purchases, etc.
* Ensure risk management policies and procedures are developed and consistently followed resulting in a safe environment for guests, campers and staff.
* Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Hotel Management or Business Administration or equivalent experience required.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience in progressive leadership positions in the hospitality industry; multi-unit and multi-property experience preferred.
* Skill in interpersonal relationships to convey enthusiasm, motivation and competence.
* Personally support (participate in) the fundraising campaigns of the Association.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and maintain focus on results.
* History of self-motivation and ability to endure failure as part of growth, innovation, and change within work environment.
* Staff or volunteer participation in non-profit organizations preferred.
* Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines.
* Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to the YMCA of the Rockies’ mission.
$155,000 - $175,000 annually which includes a comprehensive benefits package: health benefit plan options, participation in the YMCA Retirement Fund, including a YMCA contribution of 12% of annual salary after two years and optional participation in a 403(b) and generous paid time off including vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Courtney Hill, email@example.com. Application deadline is March 11, 2020.