Conference Administrative Assistant
Seasonal and Part Time Positions Available:
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving 150,000 guests annually. The Conference Administrative Assistant will support the Conference Department with phone reception, data entry, written and verbal correspondence, and all duties related to conference hospitality.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Provides office phone reception for Conference Department, including radio communication to Group Leaders, Set-Up Team Members and colleagues in various departments.
- Assists with processing emails sent to general Conference email address.
- Works within Maestro reservation system and to assist with data entry & verification of conference event details (will train)
- Develops professional, accommodating relationship with colleagues in all EPC departments
- Identifies incomplete group event orders and assists Conference Coordinators to secure accurate information related to meeting room set-ups, meals and lodging accommodations.
- Promotes a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times, reporting areas of concern to supervisors.
- Available to work varied schedules; day, evening and weekend flexibility required.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- An Associates Degree preferred, or minimum of one years experience in a related field.
- Exhibits superior guest services abilities through clear, professional and friendly interactions (verbal and written), timely and accurate follow through on requests, and resolves problematic guest situations professionally with guest satisfaction as the goal.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately in an everchanging, time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrates strong leadership abilities and appropriate assertiveness needed to work independently while valuing team unity
- Have general computer experience with knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Collaborate with other Estes Park Center departments to meet the specific needs of various conference and family reunion groups.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrates excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.