Job Title: Conference & Wedding Coordinator - SMR Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 05/2021
Reports to: Director of Operations
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, and a residential camp, serving more than 50,000 annually. The Conference & Wedding Coordinator is primarily responsible for effectively communicating and negotiating services to meet the needs of customers seeking to hold a conference, family reunion, wedding or special event at Snow Mountain Ranch.
Hourly Pay Rate: $17.30/hour-$19.22/hour
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:?
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Assist couples with pre-wedding planning, negotiate contracts and billing arrangements, process banquet event orders, manage weddings according to contracts, and post-wedding evaluation.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to hire, train, and evaluate the performance of the Weddings & Special Events Associate; coordinate duties and schedule for volunteers assigned to assist with weddings and events.
- Assist group leaders with pre-conference planning, managing groups according to contract, and post-conference evaluation.
- Collect and process conference- and wedding related information including contractual and lodging questions, special needs requests, contract changes and cancellations.
- Coordinate and lead guest tours.
- Work effectively with Food Service staff to sell and coordinate catering.
- Work cooperatively with Guest Registration Desk to check events, groups and guests in and out.
- Ability to multi-task and accurately coordinate logistical details.
- Work with upset or dissatisfied guests, solving any issues that arise.
- Ability to master complex resort management reservation system, radio and PBX system, and general office equipment.
- Update and develop various training materials for Weddings and Special Events staff.
- Attend scheduled pre-conference and staff meetings.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, hotel management or related field or a minimum of one-year experience in the resort industry, public relations, sales or a related field.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work flexible days including weekends, holidays and evenings. Most weddings and special events are on weekends, and the coordinator would be expected to be on duty during those times.
- Should be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Administrative tasks will primarily be carried out in a fast-paced office environment; office is extremely busy with many distractions.
- Position requires ability to move and setup tables, chairs, A/V equipment, and wedding décor. When there is a wedding, it may be necessary to be on your feet all day long.
- Responsibilities require ability to quickly get in and out of vehicles numerous times during weddings and events.
- May need to stand at computer station for long periods of time.
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying $16.00 - $17.62/per hour, with full benefits, including:
* Health, dental and life insurance
* Generous Vacation/PTO
* Participation in the YMCA Retirement Fund
o An additional 12% of your salary contributed by the YMCA
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which includes: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, tennis courts, mini-golf, disc golf, hiking/biking/skiing trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
* Family Membership
* Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
* To view the full list of employee perks, click on the, "View Our Work Perks" tab under the Year-Round section on our Career Site
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.