Conference Associate - May 15th - Sept 6th (Room & Board provided)
Position Summary: To effectively communicate Snow Mountain Ranch services to meet guests’ needs during their stay in accordance with the Mission of the YMCA of the Rockies.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Possess excellent diplomatic, organizational, interpersonal and phone communication skills.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate logistical details.
- Be able to explain contract details and billing to group leaders.
- Ability to access all facilities to market Snow Mountain Ranch through site tours and presentations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate weekend, holiday and evening shifts.
- Ability to work within an office environment and operate office and audiovisual equipment, including, but not limited to: computers, printers, and audiovisual equipment.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist group leaders and conference coordinators with pre-conference planning, and managing groups according to contracts upon arrival.
- Collect and process conference-related information, including preparing arrival packets for each group.
- Become proficient in the use of the reservation system.
- Meet both immediate and planned needs of groups throughout their stay.
- Act as a tactful liaison between group leaders, Conference staff, and other departments.
- Cover the switchboard for incoming calls and transfers.
- Process group changes and cancellations.
- Work with Front Office to check groups and individual guests in and out.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $5.75 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Job Status: Seasonal