Conference Coordinator - Full Time
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, and a residential camp, serving more than 50,000 annually. The Conference Coordinator assists conference and family reunion groups by providing information, knowledge and support to ensure all available services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional and ethical manner.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Assist group leaders with pre-conference planning, managing groups according to contract, and post-conference evaluation.
- Collect and process conference-related information, including such things as contractual and lodging questions, special needs requests, contract changes, and cancellations.
- Ability to master complex resort management reservation system, radio and PBX system, and general office equipment.
- Develop working knowledge of CRM software for contract revisions.
- Work with Guest Registration staff to check both groups and individuals in and out.
- Coordinate and lead guest tours.
- Act as a tactful liaison between group leaders, conference staff and other departments.
- Meet both immediate and planned needs of groups throughout their stay.
- Respond to problems, concerns and emergencies, including returning to the Conference Office and facilities after hours if an urgent need arises.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work flexible days including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Work effectively with Food Service staff to sell and coordinate catering.
- Work cooperatively with Guest Registration Desk to check events in and out.
- Work with upset or dissatisfied guests, solving any issues that arise.
- Attend scheduled pre-conference and staff meetings.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, hotel management or related field, or a minimum of one year’s experience in the resort industry, public relations, sales, or a related field.
- Should be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Perform basic mathematics, particularly as it relates to billing.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Administrative tasks will primarily be carried out in a fast-paced office environment; office is extremely busy with many distractions.
- While ninety percent of the time responsibilities will be performed indoors sitting or standing at a desk, position does occasionally call for the ability to move and setup tables, chairs, and A/V equipment.
- May need to stand at computer station for long periods of time.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This is a full time, $15.50 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
Job Status: Full Time