Job Title: Conference Coordinator, EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 03/2021
Reports to: Conference Director, EPC
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Conference Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting conference and family reunion groups by providing information, knowledge and support to ensure all Conference services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional and ethical manner.
Hourly Pay Range: $17.30/hour-$19.22/hour
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Responsible for all conference groups assigned and accountable for the accuracy of information gathered and entered into reservation system. This includes but is not limited to aspects of lodging, meals, meeting spaces and billing as defined in group contact.
* Be the liaison between various departments to facilitate group needs/requests, promoting cooperative collaboration at all times.
* Identifies contracts and booking confirmations with past due deposits, and collect these deposits and booking fees.
* Must have highly developed interpersonal skills (spoken & written communication) to build strong relationships with guests and work colleagues.
* Must work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment, developing an effective organizational system to pick up where you left of with tasks.
* Returns all email and voicemails in a prompt manner.
* Leads site tours and pre-conference meetings for prospective and booked groups.
* Checks in with groups while on grounds, ensuring that all is satisfactory.
* Debriefs Group Leaders upon departure, making important notations to improve next conference/event.
* Quality checks for billing accuracy ahead of departure.
* Must be available to work a varied schedule comprised of evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Minimum of one year’s experience in a related field.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
* Develops a comprehensive knowledge of Estes Park Center facilities and departments.
* Develops proficiency in Maestro reservations system and ACT software for contract revisions.
* Daily filing of contracts, booking confirmations and other group materials
* Basic understanding of computers although preferable to be tech savvy.
* Assists groups as necessary when their assigned coordinator is not working or available.
* Demonstrates impeccable guest relations abilities, identifying opportunities to provide "Wow" service that will exceed expectations.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and walk around during a work shift.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.