Conference Coordinator - Year-Round
The Conference Coordinator assists conference and family reunion groups by providing information, knowledge and support to ensure all Conference services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional and ethical manner.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in conference-related services, or at least one year’s experience in a related field.
- Must have strong organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and must display effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours during the times of 7 am to 10 pm or later if necessary. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment.
- Must sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and walk around during a work shift.
- Must have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
- Must have general knowledge of basic office equipment including a copier, fax machine, telephone.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Estes Park Center facilities and departments.
- Provide guest service and assistance for approximately 1400 conferences per year.
- Daily filing of contracts, booking confirmations and other group materials. Responsible for organization and updates of filing procedures.
- Responsible for Conference Office mail, locating and recording information on contracts and booking confirmations.
- Locate contracts and booking confirmations with past due deposits, and collect these deposits and booking fees.
- Verify contracts and booking confirmations against computer records, checking for accuracy.
- Work with other Conference Office staff in substituting for breaks, vacation and sick time, weekend, evenings, late shift, and holiday work as required.
- Collaborate with other Estes Park Center departments to meet the specific needs of various conference and family reunion groups.
- Lead site tours and pre-conference meetings for prospective and booked groups.
- Assist front desk and business office staff with group/conference questions and billing issues.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying u $14.85-15.10 per hour,with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Full Time