Job Title: Conference Services Associate Status: Non-exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Non-exempt Revision Date: 09/2021
Reports to: Center Services Manager
Leadership Level: Seasonal Supervisor
The Conference Services Associate position is responsible for all conference set-ups (chairs, tables, audio visual equipment, refreshment orders, etc.) and implements all requests from the Center Services Manager and Conference Coordinators for any special or additional requirements needed by the group leaders. The Conference Services Associate is responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of all meeting rooms, public spaces, and restrooms including but not limited to the Administration Building, the Guest Services Office, and the Chapel. This position is also responsible for snow removal from entrances to all meeting rooms, lodges and other areas as necessary.
Fall Position Availability: Early-mid August for up to 8 months
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Set-up all guest meeting spaces in a timely manner and ensure guest needs are met.
* Setup, operate and provide consultation/troubleshooting for all onsite audio/visual equipment.
* Maintain the cleanliness of all public spaces, restrooms, meeting rooms and gathering areas.
* Keep supply and equipment closets and storage rooms clean and organized.
* Assist Food Service Department with delivery of refreshments and catering.
* Operate carpet cleaning equipment as needed.
* Ability to plan and prioritize daily workloads.
* Possess basic computer skills and ability to learn property management software.
* Possess physical stamina for strenuous all-day work and ability to independently bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub using soap and other cleaning chemicals.
* Snow and ice removal in assigned locations on site.
* Maintain all campfire rings and common area grills.
* During both very busy and or slow times, team members will be expected to assist in the Housekeeping department if Conference Services responsibilities have been completed for the day. This will involve cleaning both cabins and lodge rooms as well as work in the commercial laundry facility.
* Deliver items (keys, cribs, high chairs, grills, etc.) to guests as requested.
* Responsible for appropriately using and maintaining all department equipment, machinery, chemicals and vehicles.
* Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Ability to independently get in and out of vehicles up to 100 times a day.
* Keep YMCA vehicles clean, organized and operating safely.
* Promptly report maintenance concerns and have vehicles and equipment serviced regularly.
* Ability to pull (or willingness to learn) a trailer helpful.
* Must be able to work any 8-hour shift scheduled between the hours of 6am and 11pm.
* Available to work weekends and holidays.
* Ability to independently lift and carry supplies and other equipment weighing up to 50 lbs to counter height, in and out of vehicles, and up and down stairs.
* Dress requirements: Black Pants (Not Jeans), Black Shoes/Boots and a Black Belt. All other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* This position requires the physical stamina to be extremely active throughout the day.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. up to waist height.
* Must be able to move tables, chairs, A/V equipment, bulky linen bags/laundry, and plastic bins containing clean linens.
* Must be able to get in and out of vehicles frequently throughout the day.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.