Conference Set-Up & Services Crew Leader - Year-Round
Job Title: Conference Set-Up and Services Crew Leader , EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 07/2018
Reports to: Conference Set-Up and Services Manager, EPC
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 175,000 guests annually. The Conference Set-Up and Services Crew Leader is primarily responsible for leading team members through job training, set ups for 70+ meeting room/ event spaces. Maintaining cleanliness in all meeting spaces and providing hospitality to the groups occupying those meeting spaces. The crew leader will also provide office support through reception and work flow organization as determined by department manager.
Hourly Pay Range: $11.87-$14.84
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Demonstrates strong leadership abilities needed to effectively train, supervise, motivate and mentor a diverse team while upholding the standards of the YMCA core values.
* Exhibits Superior guest services abilities through clear, professional and friendly interactions (verbal and written), timely and accurate follow through on requests, and resolves Problematic guest situations professionally with guest satisfaction as a goal.
* Execute banquet event orders accurately and hold team members accountable to uphold the quality standards set by supervisor
* Possesses strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and delegate tasks appropriately in an ever-changing, time sensitive environment.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Must be able to speak and write English.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Possesses Physical stamina for strenuous work load with the ability to lift chairs, tables, and stage pieces. Have the ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and get in & out of trucks frequently throughout the day
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Previous conference/ banquet experience a plus but not required
* Be proficient with Maestro Reservation procedures applicable to department (will train)
* Provide office reception as needed, including radio dispatch and interdepartmental communication via phone, radio, and email.
* The upkeep and cleaning of meeting spaces and restrooms associated with those meeting space.
* Able to operate and maintain various floor cleaning equipment
* Work effectively with supervisor to organize daily workflow, verifying information with YMCA Conference Coordinators and/ or group Leaders.
* Have the ability to identify potential problems or safety hazards and be able to report them to a supervisor
* Keep YMCA vehicles clean and orderly, and monitor maintenance schedule.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Be able to lift, carry, and set up tables, various objects including but not limited to, tables, chairs, and stage
* Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub using a variety of cleaning chemicals.
* The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
* The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time