Job Title: Conference Set-Up & Services Dept. Manager, EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 02/2019
Reports to: Conference Director, EPC
Leadership Level: Multi- Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Conference Set-Up & Services (CSS) Department Manager is primarily responsible for managing staff through the execution of event set-up orders, on-site hospitality and maintaining the cleanliness of meeting room facilities.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Demonstrates solid leadership abilities to effectively train, manage, motivate & mentor a diverse team comprised of varied ages, work history, religious beliefs and international backgrounds.
* Displays strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately in an ever-changing, time- sensitive environment.
* Organizes daily workflow, verifying information with EPC Conference Coordinators and group leaders.
* Exhibits exceptional guest service abilities.
* Assures the quality of all completed work & holds staff accountable to uphold established standards and administers appropriate discipline when necessary.
* Interviews and hires for Year-Round Conference Set-Up & Services dept. positions.
* Utilizes most efficient work procedures to minimize staff overtime.
* Willing to adapt work schedule as situations require
* Completes seasonal staff evaluations, Year-Round staff appraisals and all documents required by Human Resources.
* Possesses a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and must comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Communicates effectively through clear, professional and friendly interactions (verbal and written) with group leaders, conference delegates and work colleagues.
* Develops proficiency with Maestro reservation system to access pertinent group information.
* Promotes a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times,
* Upholds the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
* Resolves problematic guest situations professionally with guest satisfaction as the goal.
* Creates staff work schedules & manages timekeeper for all reports.
* Communicates promptly with Conference team when adding billable items to group’s set-up.
* Updates group files post-conference, adding most current notes pertinent to re-booking.
* Identifies projects of value during idle times, keeping staff engaged through duration of shift.
* Keeps department job descriptions current.
WORK ENVIRONMENT& PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Requires physical stamina for strenuous work load with ability to lift chairs, tables, & stage pieces of up to 60lbs and get in and out of vehicles multiple times daily.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Upholds and reflects the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrates excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned
Required knowledge/skills/abilities: Strong leadership and guest service abilities
Required education/credentials: Valid drivers license and driving record in good standing
Years of experience required: Prefer two years managing staff