Job Title: Conference Set-Up & Services Team member Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal ?? Revision Date:1/22/2021
Reports to: Conference Set-Up & Services Manager
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 175,000 guests annually. The Conference Set-Up and Services Team Member is primarily responsible for impeccable guest service to conference groups through precise meeting room and Audio-Visual set-ups for 70+ event spaces. They must exhibit professional and friendly communication, prompt follow through on requests, maintain a high level of service, and maintain Center standards of cleanliness and detail execution.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Exhibit superior guest service abilities through clear, professional and friendly interactions with all guests and staff
* Execute conference set-up orders including audio visual equipment
* Maintain the cleanliness of meeting rooms and the care of all equipment
* Possess stamina for strenuous work load with the ability to lift chairs, tables, Audio-Visual equipment and stage pieces
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to thrive in a work environment that is never the same day twice, be self-motivated, and take pride in a job well done
* Deliver, set up, and take down audio, video, and lighting equipment for concerts, conferences, family programming events, and staff events in meeting spaces and auditoriums, and provide technical support as required
* Must be able to speak and write English
* Willingness to learn audio, video, lighting technology, & event set-up procedures and execute to high standards
* Previous events/audio-visual experience preferred.
* Possess excellent guest service and interpersonal skills
* Ability to troubleshoot problems under pressure and in stressful situations
* Ability to prioritize work assignments and self-supervise on projects and daily work assignments when necessary
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills necessary to meet the needs of groups, conferences, and internal events
* Willingness to work rotating shifts - sometimes early mornings or late nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving record rules
* Provide office reception as needed, including radio dispatch and interdepartmental communication via phone, radio and email
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* * Be able to lift, carry, and set-up various objects including but not limited to stage, audio visual equipment, tables, chairs, and pipe and drape.
* Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, climb a ladder, scrub restrooms and event spaces using a variety of cleaning chemicals.
* The employee needs sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and perform activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
* The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.