Conference Setup & Services Manager
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Conference Set-Up & Services (CSS) Department Manager manages and trains staff in day to day operations and is hands on in checking the quality work of crews to make sure meeting rooms are prepared properly. The CSS Manager will assist in training full time, seasonal, and volunteer crew members how to properly clean and setup meeting spaces and storage areas with quality and hold staff accountable. The Conference Set-Up & Services Manager will also evaluate practices using data and analytics to ultimately make the team more efficient.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Effectively lead, manage, schedule, train, and evaluate a team of up to 20 seasonal staff and volunteers, and full time, year-round staff.
- Operate within an approved budget. Propose and develop budgets for future operations and capital projects
- Develop new work flow practices by using spreadsheets, programming and report usage.
- Respond to numerous emails from group leaders, YMCA staff in various departments, potential new-hire staff, and more.
- Display strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Organize daily workflow, verifying information with EPC Conference Coordinators and group leaders
- Assures the quality of all completed work meets necessary standards
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Exhibits exceptional guest service capabilities.
- Available to work varied schedules; day, evening, weekends and Holidays
- Possesses a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and complies with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ensures all machinery, chemicals, and vehicles are properly operated and
- Responds to carpet cleaning, biohazard clean-up, water extraction needs that arise, and other items as required.
- Ensures safe practices and procedures are followed for chemicals and biohazards.
- Resolves problematic guest situations with professionalism and tact
- Communicates effectively through clear, professional, and friendly interactions
- Attends pre-conference meetings with groups to discuss conference logistics
- Develops proficiency with the necessary software to plan, organize, and execute tasks.
- Evaluates the CSS team to determine how long different tasks should take and improve efficiencies on the team using spreadsheets (such as Excel and Google Sheets)
- Updates group files post-conference with the information needed
- Responds to radio calls requesting delivery of items to guests in their meeting rooms and reunion cabins
- Supervise and train CSS crew members and ensures quality and standards of cleaning are met, including CSS daily tasks or projects.
- Maintain cleanliness and effectiveness of all deliverable items such as white boards, stage, tables, pipe & drape, folding chairs, and more.
- Execute set ups accurately and hold team members accountable to uphold the quality standards set by supervisor
- Complete performance appraisals, approves timecards, interview hire, discipline, driver tests.
- Staffing forecasting and scheduling.
- Report quality control trends that are missing to the Conference Director.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Savvy understanding of computers preferred.
- Be able to self-manage while also supervising others.
- One year of experience in the hospitality industry or facilities maintenance preferred
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is required
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Get in and out of vehicles multiple times daily
- Move about the property as necessary
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub using a variety of cleaning chemicals.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential job functions, including the ability to lift chairs, tables, and stage pieces up to 80lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in warm/hot or cold/freezing environment throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work effectively in a noisy and fast paced environment
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs