REPORTS TO: Nat Sullivan, Construction Project Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: This internship is designed to further one’s career path whose goal is ultimately to pursue a role in construction related fields. This position will provide project experience using skills directly related to construction and project management of resort, residential and commercial facilities.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have some experience related to construction
- Must be in good academic standing
- Give evidence of desire and aptitude for internship
- Give evidence of average or above performance reviews of previous employment
- Show diligence and faithfulness in assigned tasks with or without supervision
- Exceptional attendance and punctuality
- Professional in dress and demeanor
- Acceptance in writing of terms and conditions of internship
OTHER FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Fulfill all terms set forth in internship agreement
- 30, 60 & 90 day reviews with internship supervisor to assess work performed to date
- Successful completion of the agreed upon project or specific aspects of an ongoing project
- Keep a daily work log for review at end of internship (if required by Educational Institution)
- Record and report weekly project progress and time spent per project to internship supervisor
- Project evaluation by YMCA appointed staff last week in internship
- By end of internship demonstrate aptitudes and skills set forth by internship agreement plus the following:
- Basic oversight of contractors and/or staff
- Keeping a project on schedule
- Adhere to standards of quality, striving for high quality
- Demonstration of sufficient construction knowledge for projects and tasks
- Basic comprehension of blueprints and take offs for required project material
- Knowledge and observance of OSHA safety guidelines on job site
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $8.00 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
QUESTIONS?Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.