Controller and Association Risk Manager - SMR
POSITION SUMMARY: Manage and direct the operations of the business office and the internal audit functions throughout the Center. Work collaboratively with the Association’s accounting team on all aspects of the Center’s financial activities. Provide financial training to "non-financial managers" within Snow Mountain Ranch. Oversee association risk management in tangent with the YMCA of the Rockies vision. This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 annually.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Coordinate with the Association’s technology team to implement and operate the Association’s POS and property management system.
- Understand the flow, manipulation and extraction of system data in order to generate the information needed for management to make informed decisions.
- Assist the SMR General Manager and the Vice President/CFO in establishing and monitoring a plan for control of operations including the Center’s operating budget. Assist the Vice President/CFO in defining, monitoring and enforcing internal control throughout the Center, including the Center’s cash control policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Association’s accounting team to oversee annual inventory process and inventory controls for the Center.
- In collaboration with the Association’s accounting team, provide financial data and reports for the SMR General Manager, Vice President/CFO, and department heads.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate Business Office staff.
- Oversee all aspects of the Association Safety programs in coordination with Association guidelines, e.g. quarterly safety officer meetings, safety training, safety audits, Center claims investigations, etc. Maintain documentation that verifies all such trainings/certifications.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs, such as the International Training Program, Navigators, FOCUS etc.
- Administer all facets of the accident and incident reporting process, including the submission of all documentation to insurance carriers and government agencies.
- Oversee the effective administration of an emergency notification system for notifying guests and staff of safety-related information.
- Investigate all significant or questionable association accidents and incidents. Inform SMR General Manager, CFO and communicate with appropriate insurance carrier.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum three years experience overseeing database management systems.
- Thorough understanding of cash control, cash flow and audit functions.
- Possess hardware and software knowledge
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Must have very good organizational and communication skills
- Good driving record and approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Able to move throughout all offices and revenue centers, including up/down stairs and ladders.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs and frequently get up and down from desk.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Ability to work from home and in the office as the environment dictates.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.