Responsible for the AM or PM shift management of all kitchen & back of the house food service operations at Snow Mountain Ranch; including food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, as well as overseeing catering events/banquets, and guest satisfaction. The Cook III is also responsible for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Culinary degree preferred, plus two years’ cook experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in volume food preparation, institutional food service, buffet presentation and carryout/grab and go service.
- ServSafe Certification.
- Strong leadership qualities and minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Proven record of sound managerial and organizational skills to plan and serve up to 1,000 meals per day during peak seasons.
- Effectively coordinate with the Executive Chef and Assn Food Service Director to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained and morale is at a high level. Monitor scheduling, time keeping and training for Food Service personnel.
- Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Association Food Service Director.
- Plan delicious and nutritious meals and deliveries to ensure the best utilization of the facilities and staff to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal, State and Local Health Codes and overall quality assurance in the kitchens.
- Direct all aspects of food production, storage, preparation, portion control, inventory and record keeping while ensuring culinary excellence at all times.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Able to physically move throughout all food service operations.
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to maintain positive working relationships with food service staff, vendors, guests, department managers and other Association employees.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ensure clean FS facilities and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USFDA and YMCA.
- Report to Association Food Service Director on progress of major projects and needs of the department.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs, such as the International Training Program, Calvin Leadership Program, Navigators, etc.
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of F.S. equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, dish machine, broiler, steamer, ovens, slicer, tilt skillet, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $15.75 - $16.25/hr BOE with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- DIscounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.