Cook - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 50,000 annually. This position is primarily responsible for shift management of all kitchen & back of house food service operations at Snow Mountain Ranch including menu planning, food preparation, ordering, and kitchen cleanliness. The cook is also responsible for compliance with federal, state, and county health regulations.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Train, schedule and supervise and lead up to 15 seasonal staff/volunteers
- Excellent time management, organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write in English
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts
- Direct all aspects of food production including ordering, storage, preparation, cleaning, portion control, inventory, and record-keeping
- Ensure Organizations standards for preparation and presentation, health department regulations, and cleanliness
- Oversee and coordinate daily scheduled meals, and event orders
- Work closely with all aspects of the Food Service areas to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Ability to step into various kitchen roles to support operations
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles both on and off the property
- Basic food preparation and sanitation knowledge
- Bilingual preferred
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of Food Service equipment
- Minimum of two years experience in high-volume foodservice operations.
- Management experience preferred.
- Have or complete upon hire ServeSafe or equivalent certification
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 70 pounds to standard table height
- Must be able to move about the property as needed
- Must be able to function in loud, fast-paced environments
- Must be able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods of time
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.