Craft and Design Center Instructor - Seasonal
The essential functions of this position include teaching arts and crafts to guests of all ages, genders, races, religions, sexual orientations, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities. The employee will instruct our guests on how to create one or more of the following crafts; glazed ceramics, painted ceramics, woodcrafts to paint, wood burn or mosaic, leather stamping, tie dye, sand pouring, jewelry construction, silk paining, basket weaving, bleach t-shirts, glass fusing as well as cashiering. Staff will not only instruct guests, but will also clean up after guests, problem solve with guests and support guests through the creative process. There will be general custodial tasks on a daily basis.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Friendly and customer-service oriented, desire to work with a diverse group of people leading various arts & crafts activities
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds to waist level and carry up to 10 feet
- Be able to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Be able to lift chairs onto tables and move furniture up to 25 pounds
- Be able to stand and move around for your entire shift
- Training will be provided for the area you will be working in. This position requires excellent customer service skills while multi-tasking in a very active environment
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Craft & Design center
- During your employment, you are expected to meet certain standards of performance and conduct as explained in the seasonal handbook
- Work most weekends and holidays, this includes working, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, etc.
- All other duties as assigned. Expected to assist in Housekeeping and Food Service as needed
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Bring comfortable clothes to wear, keeping in mind that paint and dye is likely to get on your clothing. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times, in accordance with our staff Dress Code.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills! Furniture & linens provided.)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week) with an option to sign up for boxed lunches.)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Seasonal