Craft and Design Center Lead Staff - Seasonal
Under the direction of the Craft & Design Center Director, Lead Staff will development, implement, train and supervise Craft & Design Center programs and staff at the Estes Park Center.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Possesses supervisory, teaching, organizational and customer service skills
- Must possess and arts and crafts background, have worked in the Craft & Design Center or a background in Art Education
- Must be fluent in speaking English to communicate effectively with guests, staff and vendors, in person and over the phone
- Must possess a high degree of human relations skills for working with staff and guest of all different ages, different countries, different levels of developmental abilities and different levels of art and crafting abilities
- Must enjoy working with people
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and various software packages geared towards art manipulation
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving rules
- Must be able to regularly lift 40 lbs up to 10 yards
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Teaches arts and crafts to people of all ages and abilities in a safe environment
- Trains staff to properly instruct guests in all craft sections
- Maintains inventory to ensure that each section has the supplies necessary to accomplish the crafts
- Acts as a "go to person" for the day to day functions of the Craft & Design Center
- Be a resource for the staff for problem solving on a daily basis
- Resolve employee discipline issues if the Craft & Design Center Director is not available
- Resolve guest complaints and grievances
- Provide for the safety and cleanliness of the employees, guests and property of the YMCA of the Rockies
- Approves staff's electronic time cards and makes schedule changes and corrections for staff as needed
- Develops and implements After School Arts Program
- Be a willing, active and enthusiastic participant in planning and participating in activities and affairs of the YMCA, setting an example for co-workers, staff and guests
- Provide a safe and fun filled creative experience for all guests of The Mootz Family Craft and Design Center
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
A staff vest or three shirts with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be issued to each seasonal employee. You will be required to wear this uniform while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Shorts, jeans, are acceptable. Earrings are allowed, however, hoops may be no larger than 1/2". Excessive jewelry may be restricted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $260/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Must be First Aide and CPR Certified
Required Start Date: No earlier then Monday May 20th, 2019
Required End Date: August 9th, 2019, but August 16th is preferred.
Job Status: Full Time