Craft & Design Center Assistant Director - Seasonal
YMCA of the Rockies
Estes Park Center
Revision Date: January 21, 2018
Job Title: Craft & Design Center Assistant Director Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal
Leadership Level: Leader
Reports to: Craft & Design Center Director
Supervises: The Craft & Design Center Instructors, Craft & Design Center Cashiers, Craft & Design Center Volunteers, Craft & Design Center Art & Culture Intern
Under the direction of the Craft & Design Center Director, the Assistant will development, implement, train and supervise Craft & Design Center programs and staff at the Estes Park Center.
1. Possesses supervisory, teaching, organizational and customer service skills
2. Must possess and arts and crafts background, have worked in the Craft & Design Center or a background in Art Education
3. Must be fluent in speaking English to communicate effectively with guests, staff and vendors, in person and over the phone
4. Must have financial management skills, including budget preparation and purchasing
5. Must be able to evaluate staff
6. Must possess a high degree of human relations skills for working with staff and guest of all different ages, different countries, different levels of developmental abilities and different levels of art and crafting abilities.
7. Must enjoy working with people
8. Must have a working knowledge of computers and various software packages geared towards art manipulation
9. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with YMCA driving rules
10. Must be able to regularly lift 40 lbs up to 10 yards
11. Must pass a criminal background check
12. Must maintain CPR and First Aid certification
1. Teaches arts and crafts to people of all ages and abilities in a safe environment
2. Trains staff to properly instruct guests in all craft sections
3. Maintains inventory to ensure that each section has the supplies necessary to accomplish the crafts
4. Takes full responsibility for ordering and maintaining certain areas of the Craft & Design Center
5. Acts as a "go to person" for the day to day functions of the Craft & Design Center
6. Be a resource for the staff for problem solving on a daily basis
7. Resolve employee discipline issues if the Craft & Design Center Director is not available
8. Resolve guest complaints and grievances
9. Provide for the safety and cleanliness of the employees, guests and property of the YMCA of the Rockies
10. Approves staff’s electronic time cards and makes schedule changes and corrections for staff as needed
11. Develops and implements After School Arts Program
12. Be a willing, active and enthusiastic participant in planning and participating in activities and affairs of the YMCA, setting an example for co-workers, staff and guests.
13. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies’ Mission Statement
1. Provide a safe and fun filled creative experience for all guests of The Mootz Family Craft and Design Center
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Seasonal