Job Title: Craft Shop Assistant Director Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 12/2020
Reports to: Craft and Design Center Director (EPC)
Associate Program Director (SMR)
Under the direction of the Craft & Design Center Director (EPC) or the Associate Program Director (SMR), the Assistant Director will develop and implement programs and train and supervise staff for the Craft & Design Center at the Estes Park Center or the Craft Shop at Snow Mountain Ranch.
Snow Mountain Ranch Required Position Dates: May 10, 2021-August 20, 2021
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Train staff properly to instruct guests in all craft sections.
* Maintain inventory to ensure that each section has the supplies necessary to accomplish the crafts.
* Act as a "go to" person for the day to day functions of the shop.
* Be a resource for staff for problem solving on a daily basis.
* Resolve guest complaints and grievances.
* Resolve employee discipline issues in the Craft and Design Center Director’s (EPC) or Associate Program Director’s (SMR) absence.
* Assist in program development and advancement, be a willing, active, and enthusiastic participant in planning and participating activities and affairs of the YMCA.
* Set an example for co-workers, staff, and guests.
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned.
* Work in other departments or program areas as assigned.
* Possess experience in arts and crafts, worked in the Craft Shops previously, or have a background in Art Education.
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certification
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $13.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.