Craft Shop Supervisor - Seasonal - (Room & Board Included)
This is a great opportunity for someone who essentially wants to manage a small business, or is a recent graduate in Art Education.
The Craft Shop Supervisor manages and directs operational aspects of the Craft Shop. You'll supervise, schedule and train volunteers and seasonal staff. Move from one project to another while assisting guests. Order supplies. Set prices for the services and projects sold in the Craft Shop. Develop new craft ideas to fulfill the needs and interests of the guests. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests and staff. Teach crafts to guests.
- Minimum of one year experience teaching crafts to all ages.
- Able to stand/stay on feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30lbs four feet off the ground
- Knowledge of running kilns helpful, but not a requirement
- Friendly, welcoming personality
- Experience supervising staff, scheduling
- Experience with ordering, managing inventory
- Retail experience
- Teach arts and crafts to guests and staff of all ages.
- Handle many tasks at once.
- Excellent organizational and public relations skills.
- Make change, use cash register, balance cash box, and complete cash reports.
- Speak and read English.
- Must be patient, helpful, friendly, and motivated.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $360/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.
Job Status: Seasonal