Position Summary: Assist the Day Camp Director in all aspects of the summer Day Camp Program including staff supervision.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Recreation or Elementary Education or 2 years of college and 1 year of child care experience.
- Experience in working with children aged 5 years to 16 years.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid; certifications must be current.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning chemicals.
- Working knowledge of age-appropriate activities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to speak to groups of adults (parents).
- Assist with continual development of the Day Camp programs.
- Ability to move throughout the outdoors over terrain, either by walking or by other means.
- Ability to work with other people in a cooperative team environment.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist with billing and monthly newsletters.
- Assist with the appropriate record keeping.
- Oversee Day Camp Operations in the Day Camp Directors absence.
- Dress appropriately to work with kids.
- Will have cleaning responsibilities in program related facilities.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate summer Day Camp program staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $270/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.