Day Camp Health Care Professional - Seasonal
This position is responsible for the health and well-being of the entire Day Camp participants and staff. They are expected to provide medical supervision, medication oversight, and registration screening. They should be role-models for the children and staff exemplifying the 5 Core Values of YMCA of the Rockies; Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Experience working with children required
- Must be a Colorado Licensed RN or Licensed Emergency Medical Technician meeting Social Services and American Camping Association requirements for Day Camp
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English
- Provide basic medical treatment to campers and staff
- Administer prescribed medication to campers
- Check camper health forms for current health concerns or recent treatments
- Establish contacts with local physicians for referrals
- Stock and assign first aid kits to staff
- Must have clean driving record with three or more years driving experience
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance
- Understand and follow all emergency procedures associated with day camp
- Understand and follow all safety guidelines for day camp
- Clear communication with counselors about health concerns
- Ensure that day camp sites are kept clean, organized, and free of litter
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and problem-solving environment at all times
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
- Currently possess, or are willing to get, CPR/First Aid certification
- May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in various forms
- Ability to work up to 40 hours weekly
- Must meet acceptable criminal back ground check standards
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other departments and/or our other center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Support the association safety program
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- Staff shirts will be provided and will be worn whenever staff are working
- Shorts or pants must not have holes
- Footwear can be sandals but need to have an ankle strap; ie Chacos or Tevas
- When going horseback riding or hiking, closed-toed shoes are required
- Swim trunks or one piece swim suits are required for swimming
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and facility)
- 20% discount at our General Store, Rustic Café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of the Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. JOIN US!
Please call our HR office at 970.586.3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Seasonal