Day Camp Logistics Coordinator - Seasonal
This position is responsible for buying, managing, and dispersing supplies for the summer day camp. This position also includes supervisory responsibilities working alongside the K-3rd and 4th-6th Directors over general counselors, as well as being in charge of the morning "early birds" program every day. The ideal candidate is highly organized and enjoys working in a team setting. This position requires weekly trips to the nearest Sam’s Club which is over an hour away.
· Must be at least 21 years old
· Ability stay within a budget for the summer
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
· Ability to work with little direct supervision
· Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English
· Clean driving record with 3 or more years driving experience
· Understand and follow all emergency procedures associated with day camp
· Understand and follow all safety guidelines for day camp
· Clear communication with supervisor
· Ensure that day camp supply closet and kitchens are kept clean, organized, and free of litter
· Promote a cooperative, positive, and problem-solving environment at all times
· Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
· Currently possess, or are willing to get, CPR/First Aid certification
· May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in various forms
· Ability to work up to 40 hours weekly
· Must meet acceptable background check standards
· All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other departments and/or our other center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS
· Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility in all functions
· Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs
· Possess excellent customer service skills
· Support the association safety program
· Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
· Staff shirts will be provided and will be worn whenever staff are working
· Shorts or pants must not have holes
· Footwear can be sandals but need to have an ankle strap; ie Chacos or Tevas.
· When going horseback riding or hiking, closed-toed shoes are required
· Swim trunks or one piece swim suits are required for swimming
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $250/week, with employee perks including:
· Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
· Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
· Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
· Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
· Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
· Other employee perks and discounts, including:
o Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and facility)
o 20% discount at our General Store, Rustic Café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
o Discounts at local merchants
o Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who knows you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you area rehire and have worked for YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the last three years, references are not required.
ABOUT YMCA OF THE ROCKIES
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of the Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. JOIN US!
Please call our HR office at 970.586.3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Seasonal