Job Title: Day Camp Nurse
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 12/31/2020
Reports to: Day Camp Director
Under the direction of the Day Camp Director, this position is responsible for the health and well-being of the entire Day Camp participants and staff. They are expected to provide medical supervision, medication oversight, and registration screening. They should be role-models for the children and staff exemplifying the 5 Core Values of YMCA of the Rockies; Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith.
Required Position Dates: May 17, 2021, August 13, 2021
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other
* Provide basic medical treatment to campers and staff
* Administer prescribed medication to campers
* Check camper health forms for current health concerns or recent treatments
* Establish contacts with local physicians for referrals
* Stock and assign first aid kits to staff
* Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance
* Understand and follow all emergency procedures associated with day camp
* Understand and follow all safety guidelines for day camp
* Clear communication with counselors about health concerns
* Ensure that day camp sites are kept clean, organized, and free of litter
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and problem-solving environment at all times
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
* Ability to work up to 40 hours weekly
All other duties as assigned
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must be a Colorado Licensed RN or Licensed Emergency Medical Technician meeting Social Services and American Camping Association requirements for Day Camp.
* Experience working with children required
* Must enjoy working with young children
* Possess excellent customer service skills
* Must possess and maintain current First Aid and CPR Certification.
* Must meet acceptable criminal back ground check standards
* Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
* Ability to work with little direct supervision
* Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English
* Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on uneven terrain.
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNETS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to work outdoors in all weather, hiking large distances over varied terrain.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up one (1) flight of steps.
* Short bursts of stooping, kneeling, bending, standing for long periods of time, etc.
* Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $14.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.