Job Title: Day Camp Registrar
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 12/17/2020
Reports to: Day Camp Director
Under the direction of the Day Camp Director and direct supervisor, the Day Camp Registrar position is responsible for the registration of every child that comes through day camp throughout the summer. Ideal candidates will have strong communication and computer skills.
Required Position Dates: May 17, 2021-August 13, 2021
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other
* Responsible for the intake, screening, and management of camper information
* Respond to all forms of communication: email, mail, telephone, fax
* Maintain a variety of files and forms for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information relative to camper records
* Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance
* Understand and follow all emergency procedures associated with day camp
* Understand and follow all safety guidelines for day camp
* Clear communication with parents about camp
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and problem-solving environment at all times
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in various forms
* Ability to work up to 40 hours weekly
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* Must be willing/qualified to help with before/after care of camp. Working with groups of children.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Experience working with children required
* Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, hiking, swimming, team building activities, campfires, skits, and physical games
* Must enjoy working with young children
* Must have the ability to restrain and physically support children weighing 50-200 pounds when needed for safety in general camp activities
* Upon hire, must complete YMCA-provided First Aid and CPR certification, and for some positions, Wilderness First Aid certification
* Must be fluent in speaking and writing English.
* Must possess strong organizational and communication skills
* Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on uneven terrain.
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to work outdoors in all weather, hiking large distances over varied terrain.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up one (1) flight of steps.
* Short bursts of stooping, kneeling, bending, standing for long periods of time, etc.
* Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available:
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
* Discounts at local merchants
* Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
* Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.