Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-round/Benefited
Leadership Level: Team Leader
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Director Date: June 2021
This position supports the work of YMCA of the Rockies, which operates two mission-based family and group conference and retreat centers, serving more than 50,000 guests annually. YMCA of the Rockies also operates Camp Chief Ouray, an overnight camp for youth ages 7-17. The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, implementing and managing a smart, comprehensive multi-channel digital marketing strategy that meets the Marketing & Communications team’s marketing goals. This position maintains a large part of the organizations digital presence and ensures the success of digital projects. The Digital Marketing Manager also functions as part of the Association Crisis Communications team.
- Ensures digital marketing solutions support the association’s strategic plan, brand standards and marketing objectives.
- Implements integrated digital campaigns that touch multiple online platforms for a cohesive digital strategy that may include, but is not limited to social, blogs, web, video and emerging channels.
- Manages social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Works with the Marketing & Communications team to a create social media editorial calendar to increase engagement.
- Manages and maintain review sites, including Google, Yelp, Facebook and Trip Advisor reviews, including responding to questions and reviews.
- Use digital analytics tools for social media, digital advertising and the website. Regular checks analytics and uses data to make informed decisions about SEO, social content and digital advertising strategies.
- Present current digital marketing strategies to key staff and board members, when requested.
- Works with marketing team to brainstorm, conceptualize and implement marketing campaigns.
- Researches digital technology trends and makes recommendations as to how trends may influence ad contribute to organizational needs.
- Takes photographs/video as needed.
- Function as part of the Association Crisis Communications team, preparing for and assisting with high-visibility communications involving emergencies, unplanned media exposure, and or regional events involving YMCA guests and employees.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, digital media, business or a related field.
- Two to five years of experience in digital marketing, including knowledge of a variety of digital platform strategies, ranging from online content marketing, social media and new platform initiatives.
- Possess knowledge of technology and how to apply it to digital marketing.
- Experience developing content and campaigns for social media and other digital platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office.
- Analytical, strategic thinker with the desire to innovate.
- Proficient in analytics. Understands the importance of data and has the ability to learn various analytics platforms and translate the data into action items.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once.
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently on assigned tasks.
- Spanish language a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in the hospitality industry.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed, and requires both regional and overnight travel as requested.
- Must possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional lifting of boxes, equipment equal to 30 pounds.
- Working in an office environment with a variety of staff from other departments.
- Some outdoor presence required for events, photo and video shoots, media coverage.
- Flexible schedule and routine required to respond to demands of position.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.