Dining Room Manager- Year-Round
The Dining Room Manager is responsible for overall day to day operations in all Front of the House Food Service common areas, banquet dining halls and dining rooms including customer service, training and supervising all staff. Other duties include dining room and rest room cleanliness, labelling of all food items, updating daily menu board, and ensuring all food and drink line equipment is clean and functioning properly.
This shift operates from 5:00 am until 1:30 pm. Weekend & holiday work required.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Have a minimum of one year managerial experience in a high volume Food Service operation.
- Responsible for supervising of all Food Service workers.
- Follow written and oral instructions given in English.
- Facilitate info between Conference Service, Banquets and Food Service Kitchen staff.
- Maintain neat, clean appearance and wear clothing deemed appropriate by the Food Service Manager.
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
- Work eight hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inches high tables.
- Attend Food Sanitation training.
- Enforce health department mandates.
- Supervise up to 45 seasonal staff per shift.
- Supervise cold food preparation and presentation for assigned dining rooms.
- Assure that standards for set up and cleanliness standards are being met in assigned dining rooms.
- Evaluate and assign seasonal staff to tasks best suited to their abilities and experience.
- Work with Food Service Manager to schedule, train and evaluate seasonal staff.
- Evaluate seasonal staff and determine their eligibility for rehire.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Document and discipline employees who are out of compliance with policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, year round position paying $14-15/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Full Time