Dining Room Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 annually. The Dining Room Manager is responsible for overall day to day operations in all Front of the House Food Service common areas, banquet dining halls and dining rooms including customer service, training and supervising all staff. Other duties include dining room and rest room cleanliness, labelling of all food items, updating daily menu board, and ensuring all food and drink line equipment is clean and functioning properly.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Be fluent in written and oral English.
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of F.S. equipment.
- Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Have a minimum of one year managerial experience in high volume Food Service Operation.
- ServSafe Certification
- Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables.
- Train, Develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained, moral is at a high level and excellent customer service is delivered. Monitor scheduling and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards.
- Supervise up to 45 seasonal staff per shift.
- Supervise cold food preparation and presentation for assigned dining rooms.
- Work with Food Service Manager to schedule, train and evaluate seasonal staff.
- Facilitate info between Conference Service, Banquets and Food Service Kitchen staff.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Working in a kitchen environment
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working outside in all weather
- Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
- Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling and bending
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.