Director of Core Systems
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Director of Core Systems will play a key role in leading the organization to adopt best-in-class business systems to serve the association, and to ensure these systems are well supported and maintained. The Director of Core Systems will ensure staff are empowered to use tools to achieve operational excellence. As core systems are evaluated and replaced, or updated to adopt best practices, this position will serve as the primary technical expert and project leader. The position will directly supervise both support staff and contractors for system selection, implementation, and ongoing support. They will serve as the primary leader to understand needs and challenges in all departments. The Director of Core Systems will create and lead strategic roadmaps to bring core systems in line with agreed organizational objectives and best-in-class business and technology standards.
Our Mission and Culture:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Serve as organizational leader to document opportunities with existing core software and related processes
- Act as strategic leader in core system evaluation and selection including creating and maintaining the core systems strategic roadmap for system replacement and consolidation in collaboration with consultants, the Technology Steering Committee, Association leadership
- Serve as primary program and project manager for system replacement and consolidation projects
- Core systems oversight across the Association including Property Management, Program Management, Online Reservations, Group Sales, Point of Sale, Camp Management, Accounting, CRM, Human Resources and Applicant Tracking, Donor Database, Integrations, Reporting and other peripheral systems
- Build and lead a team of staff and contractors to serve roles including system support, system implementation, integration, and business intelligence dashboard creation
- Where necessary, lead software development projects to customize systems, build integrations, and ensure systems meet requirements of business units
- Leverage the latest software technology trends including software as a service and cloud-based systems to enhance the Associations core systems strategy
- Participate in Technology Steering Committee with Association leadership
- Collaborate with the Associations Infrastructure and Security team to ensure core systems align with the Associations existing and future technology infrastructure
- Must be available on-call for after-hours IT emergencies and planned system upgrades/replacements.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, related subject or commensurate experience preferred
- At least 7 years experience in a technology leadership role including direct management experience
- Proven project management experience leading core system selection and implementation projects
- Project Management Certifications (such as PMP) strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership skills including hiring and management of staff and consultants
- Excellent communicator confident with public speaking and leading executive presentations
- Trained and up-to-date with latest software best practices including implementation of SaaS solutions and customer software development projects
- Excellent documentation and training skills including written, video and diagram creation
- Proven experience with business process definition and improvement
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to travel occasionally as required
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the environment described herein.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb a ladder and work in tight spaces.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time