Elevate Gap Program
POSITION SUMMARY: Elevate Staff spend the semester doing a variety of experiences designed to enjoy the outdoors, while gaining work and life skills. The three components of this program are outdoor adventure, employment in housekeeping and food service, and community building. Staff will spend two days a week cleaning cabins and lodge rooms for guests, two days a week preparing food and helping in the dining room, and one day a week training in the outdoor industry.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff.
- Maintain sanitary work and dining areas, which exceed state health standards
- Operate commercial food service equipment (dishwasher, slicer, mixer)
- Assist with meal preparation
- Keep service areas clean and fully stock
- Clean tables, wash dishes, vacuum carpers, clean bathrooms
- Clean cabins and lodge rooms, including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets and bathrooms, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, etc.
- Clean lobbies and public areas
- Participate enthustiastically in trainings and all Elevate Program offerings
- All other duties, as assigned.
ESTES PARK CENTER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to stand for eight hours on concrete floors
- Lift 50 pounds up to 36" off the ground
- Able to understand instructions in English
- Able to walk at least 2 miles on uneven terrain
- Must be able to take direction and work independently
- Enthusiasm for outdoor adventure
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Able to work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually fairly high.
- Ability to climb stairs and frequently get up and down from the desk.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.