- Both centers are close to Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Access to a variety of terrain for outdoor activities (trails, National Forest, alpine lakes).
- Both centers offer walkability between housing, dining, work sites, and fun.
- Our experienced year-round staff and hundreds of seasonal employees offer great networking opportunities and friendships.
- We host staff from over 25 different countries and celebrate each other’s heritage through engaging cultural events.
- YMCA of the Rockies is a place where all are welcome and can be their best selves. We welcome and support all staff who are looking to grow and expand their horizons.
- Professional growth opportunities are available through YMCA of the USA trainings.
- Our proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park means we have a lot of wildlife in our backyard! This includes elk, moose, deer, and bear.
- The work you do here matters! As a non-profit organization with a mission to build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, staff have the opportunity to play a key-role in helping cultivate our impact.
YMCA of the Rockies seasonal employees live on-grounds for a base-fee per week. No credit check or rental agreement required. This includes:
- Housing in dormitory style rooms
- Utilities (electric, heat, water)
- Cleaning supplies and vacuums
- Housing lobbies with refrigerators, microwaves, Keurig’s, large screen TV’s, and cable
- 3 buffet style meals daily – option to eat-in dining room or take meals to-go.
- Access to all YMCA of the Rockies facilities, free gear rentals, free or discounted tickets to local attractions, and the ability to sign-up for ski passes, indoor climbing, or golf.
Access to the Staff Experience Team who provide:
- Individual support to you
- Daily activity options
- Excursions like hikes, concerts, sport games, cultural experiences, seasonal adventures, and more!
ELEVATE has given me more life and work experience, to try things out and see what I like. The people and mentors are the best part in helping me explore what I want to do.
Being forced out of my comfort zone has helped me learn about myself and others. I have loved every minute of it.
By the end of the first week, we all felt like family. I have been able to adapt and thrive in a new environment. It’s hard to find one word that encompasses it all.
- Winter Program Dates: January 30, 2023 - June 2, 2023
- Fall Program Dates: July 31 – December 8, 2023
Participants that successfully complete our program will be eligible to stay on as YMCA employees for up to 4 additional months.
Acceptance fee of $250, which should be mailed or paid via credit card in advance. Scholarships available.
- RMLP (housing in dormitory style building with internet, heat, water, electric, and 3 meals/day, 7 days/week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and Craft and Design Center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf, as well as free gear rentals (dependent on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Residence Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug Policy In accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission, we have a zero tolerance policy for drugs on property. If you want to use marijuana, don’t apply for the Elevate program.
Pet Policy Though we would love to welcome your pets, unfortunately we cannot allow animals of any kind, with the exception of certified service animals.
What will you be doing? You will work 4 days per week in hospitality at the YMCA in our housekeeping and food service departments. On your Elevate day, you will be paid for outdoor adventure activities and trainings to further your career.
How much free time do I have? You will work 40 hours/week, with at least 2 days off. During those days off, you can explore the Rocky Mountains or participate in other activities at the YMCA, including crafts, rock climbing, mini golf, roller skating, sports and recreation, games, and more.
What sort of supervision do Elevate staff have? Elevate staff are assigned to small cohorts led by an facilitator with extensive experience in the outdoors. These facilitators serve as mentors for participants, helping guide their interests and nurturing them.