Where is the ELEVATE program located?
The Elevate program takes place at YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center (EPC), which sits at an elevation
of 8,000 feet, is located on over 860 acres and surrounded by the natural splendor of Rocky Mountain
National Park. With over 217 family cabins and 9 lodge buildings, the Estes Park Center is a premier
family getaway and conference center. We are located in a deep valley surrounded by soaring mountains,
including Long’s Peak. Downtown Estes Park is about 10 minutes away via car, and Boulder is an hour away.
If you prefer a slightly shorter, milder winter and want to be on the border of Rocky Mountain National
Park—home of endless wilderness, outstanding fly fishing, and some of the best hiking/rock-climbing in
the world—but closer to a bigger town, this is the place for you.
How does the ELEVATE Gap Year program work?
The Elevate program provides a variety of experiences designed to build confidence and develop life skills.
The components of the program are:
- Full-time employment experiences in the hospitality industry (rotating through departments including
Conference Set-up & Services, Food Service and Housekeeping)
- Meaningful community service opportunities
- Cultural and social opportunities to explore northern Colorado
- Recreational opportunities (both scheduled and informal) to explore our beautiful natural setting
and nearby Rocky Mountain National Park
- One retreat to allow for deeper reflection and relationship-building
- A week-long service trip to allow for deeper personal reflection and relationship building with other
- Regularly-scheduled small-group workshops and training sessions on topics of interest
- Opportunities for spiritual awakening in a Christian environment (although individuals of all faiths
- Opportunities to continue working at YMCA of the Rockies for up to 4 additional months as seasonal,
or pursue a full-time opening with us
Elevate is group-focused and will develop a close-knit community among participants and leaders. Participants will meet regularly
in consistent small groups and will develop bonds of friendship and fellowship.
What are the program dates & fees?
ELEVATE is offered in two independent four-month semesters, in the fall and spring. Dates are approximate
- Spring Semester: January 14-May 10
- Fall Semester: August 20-December 14
A participant is not encouraged to repeat the program, however upon successful completion of the program, there are opportunities
to extend an additional 4 months in an alternative seasonal position or pursue a permanent opening with
The program fee is $500. Fifty dollars of this fee is payable at the time of application. The program
fee helps to defray the costs of training sessions, transportation, and other expenses.
What else is included as part of this program?
Enrollment in ELEVATE provides housing (in staff dormitory, with two people per room) and three meals a day
in our staff dining hall. Additional employee perks include access to our facilities, including a pool
and gymnasium (without weight equip.), as well as access to amazing hiking/snowshoeing/mountain biking
What can I expect to gain?
As a graduate of the Elevate program, you will emerge with greater self-confidence, self-awareness and a
sense of purpose. You will learn time management skills and the responsibility that comes from having
a job. Through meaningful service, you’ll give back to others and develop a connection with the mountain
community of Estes Park. Through an employment experience in a mission-based, not-for-profit organization
you will gain an understanding as to how your work positively impacts our guests. Through both structured
and free-time opportunities to enjoy the multitude of recreational activities available in our stunning
location, a greater appreciation of the outdoors and the Rocky Mountains will be gained.
Our goal is to better prepare you to face upcoming challenges such as starting/finishing college, applying
for/engaging in employment opportunities and living independently. There are also a variety of training
and certification opportunities (which may include CPR, WFA, WFR, etc.). You’ll live and learn as part
of an intentional community within our YMCA center.
How do I apply for ELEVATE?
Click “Apply Now” below, or search our current opportunities for “Elevate” and complete the online application.
Please include the contact information for 3 references (2 professional and 1 family reference). Upon
receipt of your application, we will request your $50 application fee. If you need assistance with your
application, please contact Spider Fish at 970-586-3341 x1071, or email
Do I get paid as a participant of ELEVATE?
Yes! As an Elevate participant, you receive our seasonal compensation package. You will be working in a seasonal,
hourly position, paying $220/week (based on 40 hours/week), with employee perks including:
- Room (housing includes internet access/heat/water--no bills!--in a dormitory building)
- Board (3 buffet style meals, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium,
fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf, as well as free gear rentals (dependent
on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Residence Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
What else do I need to know?
Drug & Alcohol Policy—In accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission, and federal law, we have a zero tolerance
policy for alcohol or drugs on property. In addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana)
during your employment with us, whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don’t apply for
the Elevate program.
Vehicle Policy—Personal cars are highly encouraged to bring. It provides a greater sense of independence
and most seasonal staff adjusts better to our rural mountain setting when they have their own car.
Pet Policy—Though we would love to welcome your pets, unfortunately we cannot allow animals of any kind,
with the exception of certified service animals.
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
Please contact Spider Fish at 970-586-3341 x1071, or email