Employee Development and International Coordinator - Year-Round
Position Summary: The Employee Development and International Coordinator is responsible for managing all staff development opportunities to enhance the entire SMR community. This includes volunteer activities and providing training and development opportunities to decrease attrition and increase productivity. Fully understand and the use of the YMCA Exchange and direct others in the use and benefits of this learning system. Responsible for managing and coordinating both the Multi-National Leadership Training Program and the SMR Volunteer Program. Also responsible for being the on-site contact person for all SMR International staff.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
1. Possess a bachelor's degree and 2 years of office experience. Prefer 1 year previous HR/Volunteer Coordination or related field experience.
2. Must be extremely organized with an impeccable attention to detail, accuracy and able to meet deadlines.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
4. Excellent keyboard, data entry and outstanding telephone etiquette skills.
5. Competent computer skills for maintaining employee records and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Publisher).
6. Positive public relations skills, judgment skills, and ability to work effectively under pressure.
7. Excellent interpersonal, leadership and teaching/training skills.
8. Ability to work independently and be self-directed/motivated.
9. Must be able to work a flexible schedule as hours vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
10. A quick learner able to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
11. Ability to access and move throughout all YMCA facilities.
12. Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
13. Possess a valid, USA driver’s license, good driving record and be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
14. Ability to work with people from diverse cultures all around the world.
15. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
16. Unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters.
17. Support the YMCA of the Rockies Mission Statement, policies and programs and reflect YMCA core values in all functions - faith, caring, honesty, responsibility & respect.
Other Functions / Requirements:
1. Train, supervise, schedule and mentor the HR Housing Coordinator (an ITP Role)
2. Oversee the develop detailed schedule of enriching activities for staff in accordance to mission and guidelines. Implement and evaluate planned activities and supervise seasonal staff activities coordinator position.
3. Provide engaging learning and development opportunities for both seasonal and year-round staff. (ie: problem solving, effective leadership tools, clear communication, supervisory skills, and continuing education classes etc.)
4. Work with the Association Recruiter to inform them of events being offered through Employee Development that could be used for recruiting purposes.
5. Work varied hours (including weekends, evenings and holidays) and handle frequent interruptions as dictated by supervisor or staff needs.
6. Work in conjunction with the Gap Year Supervisor to develop and teach corresponding classes.
7. From an HR perspectives, manage the communication tools for staff (i.e. apps, newsletters, social media and notifications).
8. Become an HR Safety Officer and complete quarterly safety audits
9. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests/members and staff.
10. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
11. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility & Faith in all functions.
12. Improve, implement and manage SMR’s Staff Recognition Program.
13. Develop and maintain regular, effective communication between departments.
14. Participate in weekly Human Resource Department meeting.
15. Plan, organize and develop a year round staff wellness/educational program.
16. Assist in leading weekly Staff and Volunteer Orientation.
17. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
18. All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
This is a full time, year-round, hourly position paying $14-16/hour DOE, with full benefits, including:
- Health/dental/life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Discounted nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership
- Other employee perks including free skiing/mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts
We have a strict policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have served at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ and provide volunteer positions for people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Full Time