EPC Cook II - Year-Round
Responsible for the shift management of all kitchen & back of the house food service operations at Estes Park Center; including menu planning, ordering, food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, overseeing all catering events/banquets, appropriate staff scheduling and guest satisfaction. The PM Chef is also responsible for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
This shift operates from 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Weekend and holiday work required.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Culinary degree preferred, plus two years’ chef experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in volume food preparation, institutional food service, buffet presentation and carryout/grab and go service.
- ServSafe Certification.
- Strong leadership qualities and a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Proven record of sound managerial and organizational skills to plan and serve up to 8,000 meals per day during peak seasons.
- Operate within developed budget and provide accurate data and timely completion of all recording and reporting activities.
- Effectively coordinate with the Food Service Manager, Executive Chef and Association Food Service Director to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained and morale is at a high level. Monitor scheduling, time keeping and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards and follow through with evaluation of performance.
- Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Association Food Service Director.
- Plan delicious and nutritious meals and deliveries to ensure the best utilization of the facilities and staff to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal, State and Local Health Codes and overall quality assurance in the kitchens.
- Direct all aspects of food production, ordering, storage, preparation, portion control, inventory and record keeping while ensuring culinary excellence at all times.
- Able to physically move throughout all food service operations.
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to maintain positive working relationships with food service staff, vendors, guests, department managers and other Association employees.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ensure clean FS facilities and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USFDA and YMCA.
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of F.S. equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, dish machine, broiler, steamer, ovens, slicer, tilt skillet, etc.
- Report to Executive Chef and Association Food Service Director on the progress of major projects and needs of the department.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs, such as the International Training Program, etc.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, year-round position paying $15.75/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Full Time