Information TechnologyINTERNATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM Estes Park Center, YMCA of the Rockies
This Exchange visitor program is designed for a citizen of a foreign country. The Intern and Trainee program offers the opportunity to add an international experience in your field of study or expertise.
The objective of this phase is to introduce the participant to the policies and expectations of the YMCA of the Rockies as well as the Information Technology Department at the YMCA of the Rockies.
- The participant will be trained in intermediate office procedures.
- The participant will learn the positions of full-time employees and their responsibilities at the Estes Park Center.
- The participant will gain knowledge about telephone use, computer network use, mail procedure, and the file system.
- The participant will learn the core values of the YMCA of the Rockies; caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- The participant will also learn the policies that staff follow while living on grounds.
Work in a help desk role and learn how to troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software.
- Learn how to answer the phone and respond to requests
- Work with the IT ticketing system and document all tasks and steps taken
- Perform basic hardware and software maintenance on system nodes
- Exposure to formal CompTIA A+ certification training
Work with the different telephony systems in use across the property.
- The participant will learn about telephone equipment, re-wiring both analog and digital devices and programming the Avaya PBX switch, as well as the associated Audix voice mail software.
- Programming and installing Avaya VoIP phones
Administer the computer network related to switches and wireless technologies.
- The participant will learn the various intermediate and advanced skills to support wireless users in a network environment.
- The participant will learn the intermediate level skills to support users in a network environment.
- The participant will learn the intermediate level skills for WISP support.
- The participant will work with Cisco and HP switches and Cambium, Ruckus and Ubiquiti wireless products.
Help administer the server environment related to hardware, software and tape backup.
- Manage user and email creation
- Administer user and group permissions
- Learn about the tape backup and restoration process
- Audit user and group rights and how they interface with different systems in our environment
Additional Phase Remarks
The participant will receive classes during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons as part of their training program. The classes will cover a variety of topics. The leadership of the YMCA of the Rockies will hold classes on the operations of a hospitality business, the financial processes of a non-profit, how both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch operate, basic notions on philanthropy and the importance of donations for the YMCA of the Rockies. There will also be speakers talking about professional skills necessary in the participant’s future career such as Conflict Management, Diversity, Marketing, Public Speaking, Creating and Using High Performing Teams and Maintaining Healthy Relationships in the Workplace (topics are subject to change). The participant will also learn about personal skills that are key in becoming independent such as how to Budget, Resume Writing and Interview Skills. The participant will have to do 2 presentations, one in a local school about their home country and culture, and one in front of YMCA of the Rockies supervisors and coworkers about the YMCA in their home country.
The phases order and dates might change.