Information TechnologyINTERNATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM Estes Park Center, YMCA of the Rockies
This Exchange visitor program is designed for a citizen of a foreign country. The Intern and Trainee program offers the opportunity to add an international experience in your field of study or expertise.
The objective of this phase is to introduce the participant to the policies and expectations of the YMCA of the Rockies as well as the Information Technology Department at the YMCA of the Rockies.
- The participant will all receive orientation regarding the policies and expectations of the YMCA of the Rockies.
- The participant will attend an orientation which will include speakers from several departments.
- The participant will attend the Multinational Leadership Training Program Orientation covering the training program policies and procedures as well as American Culture.
- Tours (including self-tours) will take place over the first few weeks including the grounds and facilities.
- The participant will train with Director of Information Systems and Technology on basic office procedures, telephone use, computer network use, mail procedure, and the file system.
The objective of this phase is for the participant to learn the Avaya PBX Upgrade process (Avaya Definity G3I upgrade to Avaya G650 Phone System).
- The participant will train with the Director of Information Systems to learn about the upgrade process, telephone equipment, re-wiring both analog and digital devices and programming the Avaya PBX switch, as well as the associated Audix voice mail software.
- While the participant is practicing his competencies, they will gain further knowledge on diagnosing and repairing PBX issues as they occur.
- The participant will participate in staff activities.
The objective of this phase is for the participant to learn about redundant server setup and fail over configuration.
- The participant will assist with the setup and migration from Microsoft Exchange 2010 to Microsoft Exchange 2014.
- Dell Server R.A.I.D. drive setup and operating system installation and configuration.
- The participant will assist in the installation of a redundant fail over server at the Disaster location for the email system.
- The participant will assist in the testing of the fail over configuration.
The objective of this phase is to familiarize the participant with the wireless network environment at Estes Park Center and incorporates twisted pair connections, fiber optic connections and wireless technology. Motorola Canopy system for the backbone of the wireless environment to provide staff and guests with Internet access.
- Wireless Access Point replacement and software configuration.
- The participant will assist in installation of the next generation of wireless equipment.
- The participant will assist in the upgrade and setup of the Subscriber Modules in the various network segments.
The participant will have mandatory classes during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons as part of their training program. The classes will cover a variety of topics. The leadership of the YMCA of the Rockies will hold classes on the operations of a hospitality business such as the YMCA of the Rockies, the financial processes of a non-profit that makes $25 million per year, how both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch operate, basic notions on philanthropy and the importance of donations for the YMCA of the Rockies. There will also be speakers talking about professional skills necessary in the participant’s future career such as Conflict Management, Diversity, Marketing, Public Speaking, Creating and Using High Performing Teams, and Maintaining Healthy Relationships in the Workplace. The participant will also learn about personal skills that are key in becoming independent such as how to Budget, Resume and Interview Skills. The participant will have to do 2 presentations. One in a local school about their home country and culture, and one in front of YMCA of the Rockies leadership and coworkers about the YMCA in their home country.
The phases order and dates might change.
If you are an American citizens/permanent resident looking for and internship opportunity please apply for a seasonal position in the department of your preference and include an interest in an internship in your application.