Executive Assistant to President/CEO - Year Round
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and pressures.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports and credit card usage; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; and arranging complex and detailed meeting agendas.
- Function as the Assistant Secretary of the Board of Directors and the primary liaison for board members and board alumni.
- Maintain and organize all records, including meeting minutes and rosters related to the Board of Directors and associated committees, as well as the President/CEO.
- Prepare materials of a highly confidential and complex nature where responsibilities of trust and accuracy are vital and knowledge of the organization, policies, procedures and mission are essential.
- Serve as the primary point of initial contact for staff, board and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President/CEO.
- Independently research, prioritize, and follow up on multiple incoming matters addressed to the President/CEO, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature; determine appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Understand and interpret organizational Bylaws, policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensure that office operations are in compliance with related provisions and standards.
- Maintain organized and confidential Board of Directors’ materials and related website files.
- Coordinate arrangements for in-person and virtual meetings including scheduling, reservations, room set-up, dining, and coordinating audio/visual equipment as needed.
- In coordination with executive team members and committee chairs, schedule meetings and coordinate and distribute materials for effective committee, subcommittee and task force meetings.
- Maintain and promote relationships with potential and current donors, moving them toward further commitment to the Association.
- Minimum five years of work experience applicable to the duties herein. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Possess high level of office organization and computer efficiencies, including all standard business software.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with stakeholders and work with a wide range of members in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of nonprofit meetings and office management principles and procedures.
- Skill in information research, analysis, and evaluation.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential to this position.
- Advanced verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to edit written materials.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work with grace in an environment of multiple and constant interruptions.
- Ability to be flexible from one task to another without confusion or annoyance and to solve problems on short notice.
- Weekend and evening responsibilities are frequent and travel to other center is occasionally required.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.