Executive Offices Receptionist
The Executive Offices Receptionist fields inbound telephone calls and walk-in guests to the Executive Offices (EXO) while providing administrative support to the Central Reservations Office, Group Sales, and Marketing, as well as supporting other EXO departments as needed. Preferably looking for applicants to start on April 1st, 2018.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of office experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Ability to lift, bend, and squat when filing and accessing supplies. Ability to sit at a desk for long periods, up to 8 hours. Ability to use a telephone, computer, keyboard, copy machine in a non-air conditioned office.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding certain matters concerning donors, guests, groups and other sensitive Association information.
- Possess good typing, data input, and telephone skills (including salesmanship) and ability to learn and work with a variety of software systems in order to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
- Communicate clearly, visually and orally, and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
- Staff the EXO reception desk and switchboard from 8 AM to 4:30 PM as scheduled. Includes greeting guests in person and answering a high volume of incoming phone calls.
- Provide general and reservation information and answer questions by telephone, in person and through email correspondence.
- When working reception desk, assist with clerical projects for all Executive Office departments as required, such as filing, stuffing envelopes, assisting with mailings, addressing envelopes, making copies, etc.
- When working reception desk, support the Group Sales team with clerical tasks such as data entry, filing, maintaining files and records for group bookings, deposits, data entry, cross checking reports, and other tasks as requested.
- Maintain professional appearance and attire.
- Work with a limited amount of supervision and be self-motivated.
- Well-organized and flexible and be able to perform various office duties.
- Ability to efficiently identify the nature of each individual inquiry and respond appropriately.
- Develop and maintain a broad working knowledge of both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch and the functioning of the Executive Offices of the Association.
- Assist with EXO mail distribution, vehicle sign-outs, conference room scheduling and restocking supplies.
- As scheduled, monitor and disseminate email inquiries to the YMCA general information email address.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Family Reservations Manager, which may include temporarily working in another EXO department as needed and working on special projects while at the reception desk/switchboard.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying $13.00 per hour, with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Offices Receptionist
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time