Job Title: Executive Steward- EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round Revision Date: 07/2018
Reports to: Food Service Manager
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat, serving more than 150,000 annually. The Executive Steward is primarily responsible for the coordination of the activities in the Dish Room in order to deliver quality products and services to our guests as well as oversight of kitchen cleanliness and inventories.
Pay Range: $14-14.84
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Select, train, and supervise all members of stewarding department in accordance with established standards for safety, productivity and performance. Delegate dish and equipment washing and silver polishing activities.
* Direct staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of the house areas, which include; all kitchens, storage areas, dumpster, loading dock, banquet areas, and ware washing areas. Manage general cleaning schedule so that the food service areas meet or exceed the health inspection requirements.
* Maintain the inventory and coordinate the distribution of all big four items: china, glassware, and silver which also include visual inspection to ensure cleanliness, storage, and safe transportation.
* Control the equipment storage areas and the issuance of equipment for the Food and beverages Service department. This includes maintaining the cleanliness and good operating condition of house kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, refrigerators, ovens, ice makers, walk-ins, dish machines, etc.
* Maintain inventory log book for all glass, china, and silver and other operating equipment.
* Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
* Assure that ample cleaning supplies and ware wash detergents are on hand. These costs cannot exceed monthly forecast budgets.
* Perform other duties as requested, such as assist banquet and catering staff and move supplies and equipment.
* Ability to work within established budgetary guidelines, realize bottom line needs, monitor expenses, take corrective action.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Have a minimum of one year managerial experience in a high volume Food Service Operation.
* Have or able to acquire a food handler certification.
* Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables
* Ability to work overtime as necessary
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Working in a kitchen environment
* Standing for long periods of time
* Working outside in all weather
* Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
* Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling and bending
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.