The Executive Steward coordinates the activities of the Stewarding Division in the Food Service Deptartment in order to deliver quality products and services to guests. The position is responsible for achieving a high level of guest satisfaction while maintaining high level of guest service. Preferably looking for applicants to start on May 1, 2018.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Select, train, and supervise all members of the Stewarding Division in the Food Service Department in accordance with established standards for safety, productivity and performance
- Delegate dish and equipment washing and silver polishing activities
- Direct staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of the house areas, including but not limited to all kitchens, storage areas, dumpster, loading dock, banquet areas, and washing areas
- Manage general cleaning schedule so that the food service areas meet or exceed the health inspection requirements
- Maintain the inventory and coordinate the distribution of all big four items: china, glassware, and silver which also include visual inspection to ensure cleanliness, storage, and safe transportation.
- Control the equipment storage areas and the issuance of equipment for the Food and Beverages Service department. This includes maintaining the cleanliness and good operating condition of house kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, refrigerators, ovens, ice makers, walk-ins, dish machines, etc.
- Maintain inventory log book for all glass, china, and silver and other operating equipment
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards
- Assure that ample cleaning supplies and wash detergents are stocked and available. These costs cannot exceed monthly forecast budgets
- Perform other duties as requested, such as assist banquet and catering staff and move supplies and equipment
- Ability to work within established budgetary guidelines, realize bottom line needs, monitor expenses, take corrective action
- Be able to regularly lift, and carry items weighing up to 70 lbs, to counter height or above, in and out of vehicles, and up and down the stairs
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA Vehicles
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly paying $13-14/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- You must always present your nametag on your uniform
- You are required to wear nonslip, oil & water resistant footwear with full support and clothing that protects your body from icy air, from heavy materials, and from standing water
- The YMCA will provide you with insulated gloves, as well as short and long sleeve uniform shirts. No T-Shirts are accepted, business/work shirt and clean attire is required at all times
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time