Job Title: Family Program Administrative Intern Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 12/2019
Reports to: Family Programs Director
The Family Program Administrative Intern is responsible for assisting the Program Administrator and the Family Programs Director in running the Sweet Memorial Program Building and its staff. Duties include assisting with scheduling, assisting in creating the activity guide and other guest communications, and assisting Program Desk Attendants with guest service and online sign up of activities. The Administrative Intern will facilitate programs as program needs requires.
POSITION START DATE: 05/11/2020
Pay Rate: $250/week
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Use a computer and computerized cash register to sell merchandise, run daily reports, balance and maintain accurate accounting
* Assist guests in signing up for activities
* Assist in the production of the activity guide and other guest communications
* Assist the Family Programs Director in scheduling staff
* Facilitate orientations, ice breakers, night walks, community fires, family fun nights, and archery
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
* Must possess a high level of organization and be task/detail oriented
* Basic computer office skills like using Excel, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, and Word
* Comfortable working with computer database and online sign up process, running daily and weekly reports
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.