Family Program Director - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150, 000 guests annually. The Family Programs Director develops, coordinates and administers programs directed towards families of all ages, including but not limited to, Family Programs, recreation activities and specialty weekends.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
· Knowledgeable in various recreational activities/programs corresponding to specific age groups (toddler through senior).
· Possess skills in program development in line with current trends.
· Train, supervise, schedule, provide professional development opportunities for and evaluate seasonal staff and volunteers in the responsibilities of providing family programs and recreation activities to guests. Provide leadership to a staff of 4 - 25 people.
· Plan, develop and implement programs centered toward the whole family on a year round basis.
· Plan, develop, and implement family weekends and special programs for families and family reunions.
· Manage the overall operation of the Sweet Memorial Building.
· Maintain adequate inventory of equipment in all recreation facilities, and repair equipment as necessary.
· Develop and maintain the budget for Family Programs, Recreation and Sweet Memorial.
· Coordinate with other departments to schedule programs for groups and special events as needed.
· Maintain care and basic maintenance of recreation facilities.
· Maintain detailed records of programs and attendance.
· Must be extremely organized with impeccable accuracy and attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ability to work independently, take initiative, be self-directed and make good decisions.
· Ability to communicate visually and orally while fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
· Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and challenges simultaneously, in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines.
· Advanced knowledge of computers for maintaining database, spreadsheets and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Publisher.)
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the hours may vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
· Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
· Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field.
· Minimum three years supervisory experience in program management preferably in a YMCA setting required.
· Must possess and maintain current CPR and WFA certifications.
· Current Instructor certifications for Wilderness First Aid and CPR required.
· Experience supervising all aspects of training, evaluating, disciplining and development of staff.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
· Ability to operate office equipment: computer, telephone, copier, scanner, label maker, etc.
· Ability to oversee and complete projects in a timely manner.
· Enthusiasm for constant Program Department development and offerings.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
· Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
· Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
· Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
· Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
· Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
· Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
· All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, hike on uneven terrain for 2 miles.
· Ability to climb stairs, frequently get up and down from desk, move throughout lodges and meeting facilities.
· The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
· The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds up to 4 feet.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time