Job Title: Family Program Facilitator - Lead Staff Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 12/2019
Reports to: Family Programs Director
Family Program Facilitators are responsible for leading family-oriented programs for members and guests of all ages. This includes sports, archery, outdoor nature activities, science experiments, escape rooms, games and other family programs. Family Program Facilitators lead private activities for groups and assist guests at the Sweet Memorial Desk. Lead staff are responsible for working with Family Programs Specialist to plan staff events and professional development seminars. Lead staff are expected to assist with training and be a resource for other staff in regards to program development and implementation.
POSITION START DATE: 05/11/2020
Pay Rate: $290/week
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Responsible for independently planning, developing and implementing programming activities
* Promote and assist in special event weekends
* Assist the Family Programs Specialist in planning staff events and professional development seminars
* Assist in training Family Programs staff
* Assist other staff in developing and implementing programming
* Assist with tracking and maintaining inventory and supplies
* Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, and check participant rosters
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.