Family Program Facilitator - Seasonal
Family Program Facilitators are responsible for leading a wide variety of programs for members and guests of all ages. This includes but not limited to sports, ecology, nature, group games and other family programs. Family Program Facilitators will also lead private activities for groups and assist guests at the Sweet Memorial Desk.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
- Carry out positive behavior management of children
- Responsible for independently planning, developing and implementing the curriculum activities on a weekly basis
- Provide flexible programming to varying audiences
- Work on developing the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in the children through activities and general interactions and requirements
- Share in the responsibility for the safety of guests in her/his care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
- Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion
- Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, and check participant rosters
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Assist in the success of all Youth Programs as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Dates: May 13th, 2019 - August 2019
Job Status: Seasonal