Family Program Facilitator - Seasonal
Position Start Date: August 19th, 2019
YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Description - Family Program Facilitator
Job Title: Family Program Facilitator Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Reports to: Family Programs Director
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
Family Program Facilitators are responsible for leading family-oriented programs for members and guests of all ages. This includes sports, archery, outdoor nature activities, science experiments, escape rooms, games and other family programs. Family Program Facilitators lead private activities for groups and assist guests at the Sweet Memorial Desk.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Family Program Facilitator Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
* Provide an excellent guest experience
* Actively create a positive, supportive work culture
* Responsible for independently planning, developing and implementing programming activities
* Promote and assist in special event weekends
* Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues
* Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion
* Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, and check participant rosters
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Assist in the success of all Programs as needed
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Seasonal