Job Title: Family Programs Special Events Intern Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 12/2019
Reports to: Family Programs Director
The Family Programs Special Events Intern is responsible for assisting the Family Programs Director and Program Administrator in planning and executing of special events throughout the summer. Duties include organizing the 4th of July Parade, arranging and producing the Summer Staff Talent Show, and assisting with Summerfest Concert Series. Special Events Interns will plan at least one special event in line with their interests. Applicants must be passionate about providing high quality guest service and creating engaging special events.
POSITION START DATE: 05/11/2020
Pay Rate: $250/week
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Plan, market and execute special events including, but not limited to, the Staff Talent Show and 4th of July Parade
* Facilitate orientations, ice breakers, night walks, community fires, family fun nights, Summerfest activities and archery
* Assist other staff in planning and implementing programming
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
* Must possess a high level of organization and be task/detail oriented
* Basic computer office skills like using Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, and Word
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
* Must have excellent communication skills, including speaking in front of large groups of guests
* Ability to take initiative and work independently
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.