Family Programs Administrative Intern - Seasonal
The Family Program Administrative Intern is responsible for assisting the Senior Program Administrator and Program Administrative Office in running the Sweet Memorial Program Building and its staff. Duties include scheduling Family Program Facilitators in running programs, assist in creating the Weekly Activity Guide that provides guests with program information, and assist Program Desk Attendants with guest service and online sign up for activities. Must have the goal to provide high quality guest service and organization of the Sweet Memorial Program Building.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must possess a high level of organization and be task/detail oriented
- Basic computer office skills like using Excel, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, and Word
- Use a computer and computerized cash register to sell merchandise, run daily reports, balance and maintain accurate accounting
- Assist guests in signing up for activities like zip line, climbing wall, guided hikes, and archery
- Comfortable working with computer database and online sign up process, running daily and weekly reports
- Assist in the production of the Weekly Activity Guide
- Assist in scheduling staff
- Facilitate orientations and community fires.
- Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist in the success of all programs as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Support the association safety program
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and facility)
- 20% discount at our General Store, Rustic Caf, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of the Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. JOIN US!
Please call our HR office at 970.586.3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Required Dates: May 13, 2019 - August 2019
Job Status: Internship