Job Title: Family Programs Private Groups Intern Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 12/2019
Reports to: Family Programs Director
The Family Programs Private Groups Intern is responsible for assisting the Family Programs Director and the Senior Program Administrator in providing family reunions and groups with programming. Private events include archery, group orientation and icebreakers, evening campfires/family fun nights, and night walks. Must have the goal to provide memorable and fun activities for families and groups.
Pay Rate: $250/week
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills
* Must possess a high level of organization and is task/detail oriented
* Assist the Senior Program Administrator in scheduling of private group requests
* Facilitate Archery, Night Walks, Family Fun Nights, Hikes, Community Campfires, Icebreakers and Orientations.
* Comfortable speaking in front of large groups of guests
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.